Friday 3 May 2013

Untried Polish Challenge - Number 5 In Season

Today I bought a few polishes from the GOSH spring collection Tilted Blue and Venus, as well as a pretty mint from them called Miss Minty. For these nails I decided to use Venus from their spring collection as well as a white that saw the big polish remover accident of 2012 and is now just a bottle without a label. I am guessing it's Revlon from the shape of the bottle.

GOSH Venus and (Revlon? white)


Oops looks like I missed a little bit of polish on my thumb in clean up :p

I decided I wanted something a little retro, since I feel that the GOSH spring collection are really nice retro colours. Venus is a great polish, and is pretty opaque and goes on thick so I ended up only using two coats to get great coverage. I tried for the look of an old diner with the two colours of wallpaper by doing dots of Venus over the unnamed-untried white with silver micro-beads to separate the two and really bring out that old diner feel.

Also I may just be addicted to using micro bead >>;

I over all I am very happy with how it turned out and Venus is a fantastic colour and went on so nicely that I know I will be using it again.




Jonochi at Just Add Polish
Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Sam at Polished Art
Amy at Fancy Side
Patricia at Polished and Glittered
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
Kristina at Lacquer Fetish
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Uni at Acetone FIles
Erica at Coat of Mani Colors 

  If you would like to join in on this challenge check out Just Add Polish for all the rules and information.

- Anna

12 comments:

  1. These are so lovely! The colors look wonderful together and those silver microbeads are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cure accent tips! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am pretty happy with how it turned out :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty manicure :) Did you apply all those microbeads individually??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but that's not as horrible as it sounds :D I use my dotting tool to pick them up and it normally takes about two or three at a time and so it only took me a few minutes to get it done ^_^

      Delete
  4. I love the retro feel of this as well as the microbeads. That's something I want to play around with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love working with microbeads, I find it so relaxing.

      Delete
  5. This is too cute! I'm following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am really glad you like it!

      Delete
  6. I love this combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! yea, I am loving the minty greens this season.

      Delete